THEIR IMMEDIATE SAFETY:
- Scotland's Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline
Phone: 0800 027 1234 (24 hour service)
Provides confidential information and support to anyone affected by forced marriage or domestic abuse.
- Scottish Women's Aid
Phone: 0131 226 6606
Provides advice, support and safe accommodation for women (and their children) who have been abused by their partner or ex-partner. They can recommend local groups.
- Victim Support Scotland
Phone: 0345 603 9213 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm)
Provides information and support for victims and witnesses of crime.
- AMIS (Abused Men in Scotland)
Phone: 0808 800 0024
Supports men who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse. Call the confidential helpline (it's free to call from landlines and most UK mobiles, and doesn't appear on itemised phone bills)
- Men's Advice Line
Phone: 0808 801 0327
For men experiencing domestic abuse from their current or ex-partner
- mygov.scot Practical advice and Relationship Abuse Support
- Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. The purpose of this system is to provide support in the event of sexual violence or harassment. You can also choose to make an anonymous report.
- First Responder Scheme. Our support also system includes specially trained members of Robert Gordon University’s staff who can listen and offer support.
- Student Counselling & Wellbeing Centre. The Counselling & Wellbeing Centre is here to help and support you throughout your time at University.
- Staff Lifeworks Employee Assistance Programme. The EAP service offers confidential independent help, information, and guidance to University staff. It is accessed by telephone or web portal and is totally confidential. The Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to employees. It also allows for up to six face-to-face counselling sessions, offered near the caller’s home or place of work.
- RGU Nightline is an anonymous, confidential, non-judgemental and non-advisory listening and information service run for students by students. Call: 01224 26 36 46. Lines are open 8pm to 8am Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat during term time.
- Samaritans are available to talk about anything that’s troubling you, no matter how large or small the issue. You don't have to be suicidal. Call: 116 123. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Breathing Space where experienced advisors will listen and offer information and advice. Call their Helpline number: 0800 83 85 87 Opening hours: Weekdays: Monday-Thursday 6pm to 2am. Weekend: Friday 6pm-Monday 6am