It can be very distressing if you have been accused of rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship abuse or stalking.
The University will not make assumptions on the relative merits of a complaint. No party will be considered ‘at fault’ until a complaint has been investigated. All those involved in a complaint will be treated fairly and offered advice and support. Find out more on the University Policy.
It might be useful to think about some some of the behaviours that describe:
RGU SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS & STAFF:
- Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. The purpose of this system is to provide support in the event of sexual violence or harassment. You can also choose to make an anonymous report.
- First Responder Scheme. Our support also system includes specially trained members of Robert Gordon University’s staff who can listen and offer support.
- Student Counselling & Wellbeing Centre. The Counselling & Wellbeing Centre is here to help and support you throughout your time at University.
- Employee Assistance Programme. The EAP service offers confidential independent help, information, and guidance to University staff. It is accessed by telephone or web portal and is totally confidential. The Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to employees. It also allows for up to six face-to-face counselling sessions, offered near the caller’s home or place of work.
OTHER SOURCES OF SUPPORT:
- Nightline is a confidential listening and information service run for students by students. Call: 01224 26 36 46. Lines are open 8pm – 8am during term time.
- Samaritans are available to talk about anything that’s troubling you, no matter how large or small the issue. You don't have to be suicidal. Call: 116 123. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Breathing Space where experienced advisors will listen and offer information and advice. Call their Helpline number: 0800 83 85 87 Opening hours: Weekdays: Monday-Thursday 6pm to 2am. Weekend: Friday 6pm-Monday 6am